July Birchbox Review: Glamour Edition

This month, Birchbox teamed up with Glamour to put together July's box. July's theme is The Five Senses. That should give you an idea of what I received in my July Birchbox!



Harvey Prince Eau Flirt Lavender Pumpkin: Though it feels carefree, this scent has been meticulously calibrated to turn up the heat. It combines pumpkin and lavender, two seemingly ill-matched notes that have been clinically proven to spur passionate reactions in men. Olfactory theory aside, we love the combination of seductive jasmine and freesia with sumptuous nutmeg, cinnamon, and amber.

My thoughts: I really like this perfume. It has such a sweet, girly scent to it. I can definitely smell the floral and warm spices. Would I purchase this perfume? Yes.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tea Forté Ginger Pear Minteas: These pick-me-up treats are laced with healthy ingredients that keep you balanced. The flavors are designed not only to taste good but also to accomplish specific wellness goals. Resist boosts immunity with lemon and lime extracts, while Results, a spicy matcha chai and cinnamon blend, spurs metabolism. Regroup, a ginger pear treat, helps you focus; energizing Reboot is a cocoa mate; and Retreat, a lemongrass yuzu blend, is designed to help you relax.

My thoughts: The packaging is adorable and perfect to carry around in your purse. However, the scent and taste are absolutely dreadful. Would I purchase these minteas? No!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Color Club in "Blue-Ming" - Summer Pastels Collection: Blue-Ming is a lovely greenish turquoise.

My thoughts: This is such a bright, beautiful color. It being my first time trying Color Club nail polishes, I am very pleased! The overall quality of this nail polish is fantastic, and the wear is long-lasting. I love the way the brush is made, as it makes application very easy and leaves little room for mistakes. Would I purchase this nail polish color? Yes!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner in "Black": The precision pen tip allows you to control the thickness of the line you create and vary the intensity of your look. Plus, the fade-proof formula will hold up all day and night.

My thoughts: I was excited to receive this eyeliner as a full-sized product. I am in love! Creating a cat eye has never been so easy! This is definitely the number one liquid eyeliner that I have used. Would I purchase this liquid eyeliner? Yes!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Supergoop! City Sunscreen Serum: Supergoop’s unique Hydrovotin 24 complex works with the skin’s own moisture mechanisms to increase hydration levels, while vitamins E and B5 heal past damage. A chemical sunscreen duo absorbs both UVA rays that lead to premature aging and UVB rays that cause sunburn. The top-of-the-line “PA +++” rating means the formula meets the highest standards for sun protection. The kicker? This sunscreen serum is paraben and fragrance-free—just what the doctor ordered for sensitive skin.

My thoughts: I am not a fan of this sunscreen. In fact, I am not a fan of sunscreen in general. This particular one made my face super oily and difficult to apply my foundation, even after letting it sit for 15 minutes. Would I purchase this sunscreen? 
                                                           No.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Birchbox Exclusive Earbuds: These are just like the earbuds that came with your standard music player, only way cuter. The contrasting neon shades play into this season’s neon trend.

My thoughts: Aren't these just too adorable? I was really excited when I saw these earbuds in my box. They are unlike any other. Would I purchase these earbuds? Yes! 



To learn more about Birchbox, click here.



6 comments :

  1. Wow, great box! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the Harvey Prince Hello perfume - I really liked it! But yours sounds AMAZING!!! Lavender and pumpkin - who knew??

    ReplyDelete
  3. That nail colour looks amazing! Seems like a pretty great box!

    xo Courtney from StrawberreeSwing.com

    ReplyDelete